Monday

Love Wins & Hope Lives

Sunday morning ... I got up the kids like I do EVERY Sunday and Joe stayed in bed to sleep so he could get up and get ready to church then off to work that afternoon. We all get ready and we are running late as usual when Joe is coming along. I we are all in the car minus Joe and he comes down the stairs opens the door and says hold I have to go back up and got to the bathroom. While I am waiting I go ahead and pull out of the garage and sit there for what feels like 6 hours waiting- waiting- waiting! Then my phone rings and I think to myself...this better NOT be Joe calling me from inside the house....and of course, IT WAS. I could feel the blood rushing to my head...instant headache...I answer the phone...Hello? Joe says: Hey I don't feel so good just go ahead with out me...okay? Fine, I say, I will talk to you in a little while!

I get no more than about 3 miles down the road and the phones rings yet again...Yes, dear. I say ... all I get is a Love you...which is always how he starts he phone call when he is feeling guilty or knows I am pissed or upset. In this case I think it was a little of both. I know for sure that he knew I was upset - Anyway...so he proceeds to tell me how his tummy is upset (like it has been for weeks now) so I tell me to call the doctor on Monday and go in because I am tired of listening to him whine about stomach issues. So, the kids and I get to church with 3 minutes to spare. Scott meets we outside to help me get the kids in the building out of the cold.

So we get the kids to their rooms and we meet up with my mom and find a seat.

Mike comes up and is talking about what would Paul say to us if he were here today...about love?

Mike ask is Love the supreme value in YOUR life? How do you treat people in your "private" life...any and everyone...

So I think ... I am nice to cashiers, waitress and waiters, I let people in front of me on the interstate (only if they have their blinker on, otherwise I do know that you want over (that is for a whole different blog)), I am always trying to help, go the extra mile, and just generally try to be someone that everyone wants to have in their life...BUT

I just went crazy over my husband not going to church because he was "sick"...

then Mike reads...

1 Corinthians 13

The Excellence of Love

1If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
2If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
3And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,
5does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,
6does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
7bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.
9For we know in part and we prophesy in part;
10but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away.
11When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.
12For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.
13But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.

The part that stuck with me is:


4Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,
5does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,

Well let's see: I was not patient or kind...I was a little be jealous that HE got to stay at home and I was doing the "right thing". I boasted that his life was passing him by and he was at home, that church is a FAMILY activity. Which that made me arrogant that I was boasting that I was doing "the right thing" and that I was doing the FAMILY activity and not him. I definitely was not becoming...I was seeking my own, I was seriously provoked and provoking...and finally I took in to account all his "suffering"...

So anyway...Why is it that I can be nice to the cashier, waiter, and blah blah blah...but one of the MOST IMPORTANT relationships I have I get so upset so easy?

I do not have the answer to that question...BUT I am going to work on it and see what I come up with...and I WILL NOT act that way in the future!

To Joseph - I am sorry for being so ugly and not just about the church issue just all the things I do that are unbecoming as a wife to you! I have no reason to act that way or treat you that way.

So in closing, where hope lives, our love wins....

No comments: