Thursday

Tour DE Force

All of my adult life (which I know as not been long) I have worked in a credit union. I left one credit union and went to another. Thinking if it was closer, paid more money, different hours, different co-workers, not down 285 that I would be happy. I have been to 3 credit unions during this time and I am realizing I am just not cut out for this. I love my members and the relationships that I have with each one. I adore many of my co-workers. I am just missing this fulfillment. I am longing for something. This something I am not exactly sure what it is just yet.
Every so often I get an itch for something else. A change in pace, a change in something small can pacify me for a while. I don't want to the pacified any longer. I want career fulfillment.
As of yesterday, I am starting the path to academic achievements. I am in the process of re-enrolling in school. I have to take a English placement test and once I do that I am registered!
In high school, I took a Marketing class which came so easy to me and at that point I started down the path to a Business Degree. Somewhere along the line I lost interest in this business world.
There is a Kenny Chesney song about a lady who drops a bag of groceries and she says the woman I was going to be would not even recognize me. I was going to run the bank. I was going to have it all. Now all I want is to run a bubble bath! I that is one of my all time favorite songs. It is me up and down. Running anything other than my family does not matter to me. I want to be able to spend time with my children. Right now if there is anything going on after work I am running here, running there, all while racing the clock. I don't think that is fair to me or my family. They do not get the best of me. They get a tired, stressed, over worked under paid mommy and wife. UGH.
I sometimes joke that I am going through a quarter-life crisis. I really think I am. I have really been reflecting on my life. They way my life is - NOT the best that I can do for Joe, Cayden, Chase, the rest of my family, and God. I can a listener, a giver, a teacher, a friend to so many more if my mind is not on 451655 million things at one time.
I know this schooling is not going to be a walk in the park. I have the blessings of Joe and the rest of my family. With them and God I will get through the stress of school, work, and family and emerge on the other side a much, much better person.
I have a plan to finish up my two year degree and become a Prek teacher for the bright start program (the lottery funded PreK), while I am doing that I can be in school for my four year degree to become a K5 or First grade teacher.
Today after I take this English test I will know what classes I need to take and how many credits I need to earn. My goal is to be ready for the start of school next year. But that will all the depend on the amount of classes I have to take. I will let everyone know the updated plan as soon as I can get it together!
So keep me in your thoughts as I try for my very own tour DE force!

No comments: